Recent Posts

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Aging

Beth called me today. She sang "Happy Birthday" to me over the phone (which is our (weird) and lovely little tradition).

Sidebar thought: she's so good with taking care of her family and remembering to call. I admire her. I, on the other hand, am so lazy and forgetful and selfish -- I bet I forget to call her on her birthday at least once every 3 years, if not every other year or so. What a maroon.

She told me that one of the advantages -- the only advantage, really -- of being this old is that now everyone will think the odd and quirky things I do are "cute". The things I do that used to make them shake their heads and call me a jerk now make them smile and call me "feisty", or "spunky" (for an old guy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home