Recent Posts

Friday, February 17, 2006

Voice et al

I do my vocal exercises every single day, as mentioned earlier. I've been kind of bumming, because they didn't seem to be doing any good.

But.

But. Last night, on the ride home, I actually hit all the notes -- all of 'em! -- on the workout. They didn't all sound especially good, you understand, but I hit 'em. I hadn't been able to hit 'em earlier......so this tells me that I am actually making progress, and that my range is actually (if lavaflowingly slowly) improving.

I was kind of excited about the progress, even while still (a little) bummed that I still sound like crap. At least it's, apparently, a slightly higher grade of crap than before.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

You mentioned your voice hurting in a previous post - you mean hurting when you're not singing? If that is the case, you may be straining the muscles around the vocal apparatus to make your pitches. If you're a tenor, well that's the most difficult voice type of all to sing correctly, and my hat is off to you. Since the vowels are made in the larynx, and not in the mouth, try vocalizing with a slack jaw using nothing but the absolutely necessary part of the instrument. You might find that helps you identify where you have introduced tension. Good luck with your singing - it sounds like you are getting a great deal of joy out of it, and I'm sure you are delighting your audiences, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home