Recent Posts

Monday, November 13, 2006

Something Productive

In typical me fashion, I stripped the wallpaper off the kitchen walls last spring -- or late winter, even. Long long ago, in any case.

In my defense, when I stripped it, I hadn't intended to do anything at that time in the kitchen. I was working in the family room, and the same hideous wallpaper was in both rooms, so while I was stripping the family room, I went ahead and stripped the kitchen, figuring I'd get to it soon.

"Soon" is, apparently, a relative term.

The kitchen walls have been pocked and ugly and leper-like for close to a year, for crap's sake (and does crap actually have a sake worth cogitatin' over?).

Anyways.

I finally took myself by the scruff of the neck and decided to do somethin' about it on the weekend. I was awake (per usual) at around 5:30 Saturday morning, so after sucking down a coffee or 5, I started repairing and prepping the walls.

Spent much of the day Saturday and yesterday on it. Lotta cutting in, what with cabinets and appliances and such, so that part took a long time. By last night, it was done. Smooth, lovely walls with actual color that actually matches the actuality of the rest of the first floor. Concept, what a!

Felt good to finally be something resembling a productive human being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home