Recent Posts

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sporty Pages

I wonder what it is that makes us -- many of us, anyway -- actually care about our local sports teams. The Browns stunk again last season...and it was a needle in my eyes. Again.

But why? It's not like these guys are from Cleveland, or actually even live here....or know or care about anyone here (except as sick-baby-in-the-hospital-photo-ops). Being a Browns' fan is an exercise in choosing to fool ourselves. This group of guys manages to (occasionally) win a game, and we're chanting "We won". Pretty sure the idea that we had anything to do with it is a canard.

So, knowing it's foolish and delusional to care, what will I be doing this weekend? Socializing with family...which will include a lot of watching the Indians play the Tigers. And right now the Indians are hot.

This makes me happy. So I'm a delusional fool. Sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home