Recent Posts

Monday, August 01, 2005

Every Minute Full

Friday night, my mother-in-law went to Houlihan's with us to celebrate my birthday. I've never had a bad meal there, and Friday was no exception. Like a good carnivore, I had a steak (covered in a cabernet sauce (decadently (and voraciously) good).

Saturday was the big family surprise party for Mike Hach. What a party -- slaughtered a couple of kegs of beer; well over 100 people there (probably closer to 150). We reserved a party center on 130th -- the place had a lake and a huge field. It worked out great. Volleyball, basketball, bocce ball, kick ball (lots of balls, I'm noticing). Many of us (including Mackenzie and I) pitched tents and stayed the night. There was the traditional all-night campfire, with guitars and singing. Mackenzie spent most of her time with Megan Hach, and they seemed to get along really nicely.

Saturday, I also turned 50....and I'm still alive.

Sunday morning, Michael left for Boy Scout camp. We saw him off at 8:00. It's cool -- last year he was pretty stressed out about going, but this year was looking forward to it. He should return having earned his First Class rank, along with three merit badges (Canoeing and a couple of others that I can't think of right now).

Last night I put some more bricks edging the driveway. Man, it looks nice -- the bricks add an elegant look to the drive, and the way the bricks integrate with the step leading to the porch really pulls the whole area together. We've really made a nice little garden around that pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home