Recent Posts

Friday, February 17, 2006

Maturity

When we met with the kids teachers on Tuesday, one of them told me a pretty interesting thing:

Mr. Seka told me that he and Mackenzie had hit it off badly right from the get go -- they didn't like each other, and just did not get along. About a month into the school year, though, she came up to him. She did it on her own, with no prompting from us (we didn't even know about it) or him.

She told him that she was sorry they didn't get along; she apologized for having disrespected him; and she hoped they could put that behind them and find a way to get along.

Well, since then, they've become really close -- they joke around together and just generally enjoy each other's company. I just thought that was a pretty impressive thing for her to do.

Of course, she's never apologized to me about anything, but hey, no one promised me miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home