Recent Posts

Monday, February 12, 2007

Air and Words

Well, this stupid cold is probably morphing into bronchitis (mayhaps it has been bronchitis all along, and I'm too rock-like to know). I can't really catch my breath well, and when I cough (which is far too often), my head feels a bit as if Muhammed Ali was sparring in there.

I may have to break down and see a doctor.

And yet...I still maintain I never get sick. In the face of this evidence, that might be kind of a dumb comment, but it's still how I feel. And I think that a doctor will say "Take these expensive drugs, so you can be better in a week. If you don't, it may well last 7 days."

So I'm giving it another day(ish) to improve on its own.

I didn't work on the novel much over the weekend, although yesterday I had a pretty good session with it. The dialogue re-write is moving apace, although I sure don't have a feel even yet as to whether it's any good or not. I guarantee I'm not Elmore Leonard when it comes to dialogue. On the other hand, who is?

I've started researching agents already. It might be a bit premature, but I want to have my potential literary agent(s) lined up for when the book is ready to send out....and it will get there. I'm now confident in that.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Elaine Denning said...

He turned on the tap and watched his phlegm slide down the plughole.
"You really should see a doctor about that" she said.
"I know," he said.
"Then do it," she said.
"Tomorrow," he said.
"Now" she said.
"No," he said.
"Now," she demanded.
"I do like a woman in control," he said.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Ted said...

This may be the first time -- in fact, I'm certain it is -- anyone has said the phrase "phlegm slide down the plughole" to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home