Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Broken

Mackenzie didn't come home last night. My 15-year-old daughter didn't think she could face being at home with her mother, so she stayed at a friend's house.

I don't know why their relationship has to be so bad. It seems that neither one of them can budge when they are convinced they are right -- and they are always convinced they are right.

Mackenzie and I are having dinner together tonight, just the two of us. I have no idea if I can make her see that yes, Mom screwed up....but yes, Mackenzie screwed up, too. I want her to come home tonight, but she might still need another day away (which I, in some ways, understand).

It's all breaking my heart.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Oh gosh, Ted. I can't even begin to imagine what this is doing to you. Whatever happened, I hope that Mackenzie and Mom are able to work things out. She's lucky that you are very understanding about her needing space.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home