Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

'tweren't easy

We finished auditions last night. Very difficult -- I had way more powerful and talented women than I had good parts....which means I'm going to offer some pretty small parts to some pretty excellent singers and actors. I wouldn't blame them a bit -- not one bit -- if they turn them down.....but if they accept them, I'm going to have an excellent cast.

The worst is that one of my best friends auditioned, and she read and sang dazzlingly well, yet I'm only offering her a small part, too. I hope she accepts it, though...she's so good, and it would be such an enjoyable experience to work with her.

I'm not going to worry, though....what will be is what, you know, will be. At the risk of sounding like Doris Day.

I'm still, of course, hearing that little voice reminding me of how inadequate I am, how foolish I am to take on a task of this magnitude with my minimal talent, so forth.

That voice will subside once (or soon after) rehearsals begin (next Monday), but it's barking now.

I won't let that voice actually echo, though.....

...probably.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Elaine Denning said...

Tell that little voice to shut up, kay?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Minimal talent *snort* yah right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home