Recent Posts

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Well, hell

That job? That job that was looking so promising?

Feh.

Utterly coincidentally, my brother-in-law works at the company. When I found out that the opportunity was at his place, he and I sat down (over, you know, a brew (or, you know, two)) and talked about what that would mean if I got the position. I know -- to my bones - -that he and I would work very well together, and the relationship would be a monumental non-issue. In fact, I have zero doubt that we would be brilliant together. I thought about not even mentioning it to them....

But, in the interest of integrity, I told them about it. Didn't seem to be an issue with the H.R. people with whom I dealt, but the owner of the company has "set the resume aside" because of it. Damn.

True, the resume was only "set aside"; but I know they're interviewing others. And, frankly, unless the other candidates just blow, they'll hire one of them over me.

Damn.

I am so down right now.....really lost my squash over this. Not a good thing, that.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Elaine Denning said...

Hugs babe. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home