Recent Posts

Monday, February 19, 2007

Sigh

So, I headed over to the theater this weekend.

Mind you, this is a show for which I was going to do nothing (or nothingish, at least). I made the posters; and have almost finished doing the program (which is still a good 30 - 40 hours of work) (so "nothingish" is, I suppose, relative). I also needed to take some cast pictures for a lobby display, but not a big deal, that. So my (relatively) small part of the process is complete (or will be final-tweaked with tons of time to spare).

The show opens this Friday....so I expected to see all the the other details mostly completed (or close). That's what I expected.

But the set is not done, the lights are not focused or even designed. Even though the show calls for specific sound cues (and we usually play a nice selection of pre-show, intermission, and post-show music), no one has even thought about a sound design, or how to technically get it done.

And. And. And the lighting guy is not going to be there on Wednesday (final dress), Thursday (preview performance), or the Sunday matinee performance.....and it doesn't appear that they have any kind of plan. Actually, I honestly think their plan was to wait for me to show up and do it.

Sounds egotistical, but I do think that was the plan.

So. I could leave them to their own devices (which I should do), or I can re-arrange my schedule so I can run lights on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.

Of course, rearranging and filling is what I"ll do.

AND I'll pull together a sound design and set up the mixer for them. It won't be the most brilliant sound design, I'm sure, but it will suffice.

But man oh man...can NO one manage the details of any process????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home