Recent Posts

Friday, August 05, 2005

Day Off (and Days Off)

I took the day off yesterday, and Mackenzie and I spent a lovely/wonderful/perfect day together. We went to Mentor Headlands beach (where we swam and collected cool-looking stones to put around the pond). Then we had lunch at Pickle Bill's (which was very cool -- sat on the deck right on the Grand River, ate really good food, fed the ducks and geese, watched the boats cruise by, talked, laughed...).

Then we tried our hand at fishing at Holden Arboretum. Had some bites, but didn't catch anything (I don't think her and I were wholly into the fishing). Still had a nice time there, though.

Last night, we went to the Indian's game. Watched a pretty disappointing ending (Wickman blew a save in the 9th (which kept us from sweeping the Yankees)), but it didn't ruin the day.

Next week, I'm taking the whole week off. Going to Michigan for vacation. Yay for off time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home