Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fantasy

Another season of nerd-obsessive-stat-sports is upon us -- otherwise known as Fantasy Football.

I've now drafted three teams, and I don't like 2 of them. I very much don't like 2 of them. I don't know how it happened -- I spent as much time as I usually do preparing -- and in fact, I think I did just fine at ranking my players and preparing my draft lists.

But somehow, during 2 of the drafts (Eric's league, and my work league), I managed to let the teams get away from me.....round after round, I was losing players I had slotted, and was drafting players I didn't like much. By the end of Eric's draft, I was straight-out bummed about my team.

Now, the caveat here is that I'm almost always bummed about my teams after the draft (and on the rare occasions I wasn't, the team was usually bad). Still, I can't remember being this down on my team before.

The exception seems to be The Maulers. I love this team -- I love our starters, and I love the way we configured our bench. Which means, of course, this is the team that will go straight into the dumper.

By the way, here are my team names:

"Excruciato" (my work league)
"The Maulers" (Joe and my team)
"The Killer A's" (Eric's league (there's a little bit of a story behind that name)).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home