Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Gettin' Old

Last night, after stopping to change (yet another) flat tire on the way home from work, I shoveled a quick dinner into my (overly ample) belly, and then took Michael up to the Rec Center to play a little basketball.

Had a great time -- he beat me at HORSE, though, the little snot -- but then I just ran out of gas.

This has been happening to me a lot, lately, and I hate it. I feel up, and full of energy, and ready to roll...then I hit a wall and just want to sit down (or lie down). I nap more, too -- used to be that I napped maybe two or three times a year. Now I find myself often lying down on a Sunday (or even Saturday) afternoon.

I don't know how much of it is my age, how much of it is my out-of-shapeitude, and how much (if any) is caused by other factors (thyroid, f'r example). I'm going to try (try!) to push myself back into at least some semblance of shape, and see if my energy picks back up. If it doesn't, I might see a doctor about it.

Of course, if I do, he'll simply tell me to suck it up, old man....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home