Recent Posts

Monday, September 12, 2005

Keeping that thing you love

My brother-in-lay, John, wiped out on his bicycle yesterday during a bike race. He's been riding for a while now, and is utterly hooked on it....but yesterday, he got tangled up with other riders, and ended up with a concussion and a broken collar-bone and various and sundry other dings.

The thing is this: he loves riding. He rides a lot (and for long distances). It's been a long time (if ever) that I've known him to be this happy with something, seen him this thrilled with an activity. Most of us, I would propose, never find something that brings us this much joy.

So. He got busted up, and while that sucks, he will recover. What I'm more concerned about is that he doesn't give up riding. I hope he keeps doing it forever (or as close to forever as people our age (which is much more chicken than spring) can).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home