Recent Posts

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Singin'

Last night, I had my first choir rehearsal.....it feels so good to sing again.

I don't think I sang particularly well -- and Ron has me singing tenor, which might be a stretch for this sore voice...but I'd rather stretch it than simply let it linger in limbo, so I think singing tenor is the right thing for me.

And yes, it does hurt -- quite a bit, in fact -- but I'm thinking that is as much muscle soreness as anything. I'm therefore thinking some (if not most) of the pain will go away in time.

Even if it doesn't, if I can regain some of my singing voice, I'll be so thrilled to be able to sing that the pain will be worth it.

By the by, Ron is an absolutely brilliant director, in my estimation. His musical sensibilities are always right on, and he has a terrific way of getting this group of amateur singers to fulfill his vision of the music. It's a joy to sing for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home