Recent Posts

Thursday, May 18, 2006

And, finally.....

The show is now closed.

Where my emotions are at now is this:

I believe the show, technically, was wonderful. I designed and built a hell of a set, and the musicians were terrific. The lighting design was fluid and well-thought out, and added to each scene.

I believe the cast was, if not uniformly wonderful, as close to uniformly wonderful as any amateur cast with which I've ever been associated. There were an amazing number of strong voices, and the camaraderie and energy and dedication to the overall quality of the show were remarkable.

I know that the most key roles (other than myself) -- The Governor, The Padre, Dr. Carrasco, and (especially!) Sancho and Aldonza -- were terrific. I'm proud (to my very core) of all of 'em; and I'm proud of the production. We did ourselves and our community proud. I will post some pictures of the production and the set, so forth, as soon as I get the good ones back from the photographer.

As for my own part in it, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little diminished by the review and the disappointment of the last two shows. I still think I was good, but I can't make myself feel I was anything special (even though I had felt that earlier). It's a sadness, that, but there seems to be nothing I can do about that. Still, I know that the production itself was top-notch.

I'm sorry it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home