Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And on it goes....

Well, phew.

The show is still going really well. You know, as I was rehearsing and building the set and doing the program and marketing and and and.....most of it wasn't fun. It wasn't awful, or anything like that...but it wasn't fun, either.

But in the last week or so, as we put it all together and lurched toward opening (and had some people in the seats each night during final rehearsals), it was great. The last week (and all three performances this weekend (four, if you include our preview night on Thursday)) were all I'd ever hoped for from this role. I have no idea how good I was (and I suspect I was at least okay), but I know that I was as good as I could be. At the end of the show, many members of the audience were in tears -- a good thing -- and on Saturday night, even I myself, on stage, was covered with goosebumps, and my own eyes welled with tears that I had to blink back. I worked way way too hard for this show, but it is already on the very top of my most precious theatre (or most any other kind, for that matter) memories....and I'm satisfied to my bones.

Oh, and during Saturday's curtain call, I got more than a couple of "bravo"s when I took my bow...and Sunday, I even got a "bravo" right after singing "The Impossible Dream". Was really really nice.

Hard work is, so they say, it's own reward.....I don't know if I buy that; but I do believe that doing good work is its own reward. The applause and such are nice -- they're great, in fact -- but it's knowing that we did quality work of which we can be proud that most floats my boat.

And yes, I do know that the last several posts have fallen into the "ain't I just the greatest?" mode. Sue me. I'm feeling good.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

You are way to humble, Ted. I know that you rocked--the amount of dedication that you put in from even before you got the role says that. Walk on the clouds, man, you deserve it!

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no!! don't sue him! cheer him on! that's wonderful news, ted! i say, rock on, my man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home