Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

About the Show

I really shouldn't have taken on the responsibility of designing and building the set for "Man of La Mancha" -- but on the other hand, who else woulda?

Well, that's probably unfair. Someone woulda....but my ego says (and, I think, accurately) that it wouldn't have been.....as good. Man, that sounded pretty damn divaishly egotistical.....'s what I think, though.

That said, the set (except for the (tedious and intricate painting)) is done. It's a huge cave -- a dungeon, really -- and I made it out of paper mache. Many many many layers of paper mache. I wanted it to look like a cave carved out of bedrock.

It looks really great, but in retrospect, I would not have designed it this way. Way too labor-intensive; way too tedious. Probably not worth it -- one hopes the audience won't be overly focused on the set, anyway.....but it is nice, nonetheless.

I'll post pictures after it's painted.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Can't wait to see the pics, Ted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home