Recent Posts

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Urgh

Well, good intentions and a nickel will buy you, well, nothin'.

That said, my good intentions to keep the blog timely are blowin' in the wind (and hey, that's a hell of a title for a song). Exhaustion and frustration and exhausted exhaustion have tolled up on me....I feel like I'm barely hanging on.

I rehearse every night for about 3 hours; I not only designed the set (which was the plan), but I'm the primary carpenter and painter and stuff-doer on it (which was decidedly not the plan). This, of course, in addition to the whole working-for-a-living gig. Any learning of lines, and vocal exercises, and other associated flotsam and jetsam required to actually perform this part have to happen outside of these responsibilities...which begs the question "When, exactly?"

I'm hangin' in there....but I'd be lyin' if I said happily so.

Still...it's going >really< well -- the whole cast is experienced and talented and they know their way around a stage, so rehearsing is a joy. Collaborating and finding our moments together is the greatest joy of theatre, and we're realizing that joy nightly. That's a good thing.

Whether my voice holds out remains to be seen, but I'm cautiously optimistic that I won't single-handedly ruin the show.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Your voice will hold out, Ted. Hang in there....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home