Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tick Tock

Time to kick into heavy work mode again -- the scout season, the theatre season, the fall baseball season....all are kicking in.

We've chosen our season for the coming year in our theatre -- all classics. We're opening with "Dracula" -- the original Broadway version (that Bela Lugosi played before making the film). In the winter, we're doing "The Importance of Being Earnest". That one will present marketing challenges, but I think (hope) we're up to 'em.

In the spring, I'm directing "Once Upon a Mattress". I like directing, and I especially like moving large casts in and out of small spaces -- I like direction that is active and full of motion without being frenetic and distracting. That, at least, will be my goal.

For "Dracula", we've got some interesting marketing tie-ins: we're going to offer a discount ticket to anyone who donates blood at a local blood drive. We're also hooking up with a local bar who will offer a discount on a bloody mary for anyone showing a ticket stub. The show will run three weekends, including Hallowe'en weekend, so the timing should (one hopes!) ensure a good box office.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home