Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Baseball

Yesterday at work was a day for cleaning up odd tasks, taking care of all those little things that have been nipping at my cosmic heels.

Last night, Michael's baseball team lost yet another game to a team they should well have beat. Michael got an iffy hit in his first at bat, but then in his second at bat he watched two fat pitches go by for a called strikeout. I asked him what he was thinking -- they were good pitches to hit. Why'd he leave the bat on his shoulder?

He said that the pitcher had been throwing only balls (which was true), and that he didn't expect him to throw strikes. But when he did throw strikes, why didn't he swing? Michael said he didn't know -- maybe he was thinking too much. Just the way I used to play sports -- letting my thinking interfere with "see the ball; hit the ball".

Today I rededicate myself to my diet, to my working out. I want to start riding my bike in the mornings -- seems like a really great way to start the day, see some things. I'm going to clean the garage tonight (to get my bike down), then get the bike set up (which mostly implies inflating the tires). Tomorrow (hopefully) I will ride before work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home