Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Update

So, here's an update on (some of) the tasks I'm nerdily whinily focused on:

* Except for painting, the theatre set is done.
* The leaves are raked, the lawn is beautimous.
* The youth tracking software is now functional -- needs a lot of new/cool features, but at least it's done(ish).
* The script is done (and not bad, either)
* The pictures are all scanned; the marketing mailing is done and out the door.
* The glossy brochure I was putting together is (almost) done. We're still tweaking the wording (a bit), but the hard (and semi-hard (and no, I ain't talkin' dirty)) bits are done.
* The side-job software I did for my buddy is completed.

Still to do:
* I need to fix the theatre web page(s).
* I need to build the Eagle Court of Honor videos (one each for 7 boys (and each one will typically take about 3 hours (give or take))).
* Add the new/cool features to the youth tracking software.
* Clean the garage (doesn't it seem like I ought to at least be able to put one car in a two-car garage?
* Put together the theatre program (which includes a fair amount of scanning and writing -- we're probably looking at a 10 hour project).
* Direct the Christmas Pageant -- not too bad, but there will be three 3-hour rehearsals (plus, I have to learn my part (since I got (grudgingly) stuck playing the lead).
* I need to send out invitations to the highest ranking (according to our (complex) points system) to next summer's High Adventure (which is a week in Sea Base in Florida (and yes, it's awesomely cool). This may not sound like much, but it involves collating and interpreting a bunch of data for each of 70 scouts. Sending the invitations themselves is trivial; figuring to whom to send them will take -- easily -- 4 to 6 hours.

I'm utterly certain I'm forgetting something, but this is certainly the brunt of it (and I am making progress, doncha know).

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Whew! You got a lot done! See, you just shouldn't be good at everything and so well rounded. And you should be mean, very mean. This way, you could work a 9-5 job and stay home and bitch about how the world is going wrong, watch Matlock and go to bed. Just to start all over again. What a great life that would be.....um yeah, in somebody's hell!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home