Recent Posts

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Still Busy

Honest to God, I don't know how this happens. I swear I will stop filling every single tocking minute of my life with stuff to do, and yet....here I go again.

I've been putting together the marketing for our upcoming theatre season....I had to put together some logos and make some decisions as to marketing, because we will be doing a mass-mailing soon. We're doing a season of classics this year, although it's a pretty eclectic season, stylistically. I created the following "Dracula" logo for our posters and mailings (I kinda like it -- I went for 'creepy' rather than 'campy'):



Last night I drafted players -- I'm coaching baseball again in the fall. It's not so bad -- the season only lasts a month, so it's just kind of a nice end to Summer...and I like coaching. Dunno if I'm any good as a coach, but I do try to instill three important things in 'em:

1) The fun is not necessarily in winning, it's in striving to do/be your best.
2) Any game is enhanced when you improve your own fundamentals -- their largest goal should be to get better. I admire the player who starts as a "D" quality player but improves to "C+" much more than an "A-" player who simply gets by on his talent. Anyone can have gifts -- not so many will work to make their gifts stronger.
3) It's only a game.

It's much more about the journey, you know?

So. I'm busy, per my neurotic/frantic usual. Fun, though....

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home