Recent Posts

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why Blog?

So.

It's an interesting process, this whole expose-yourself-yet-stay-clothed process known as blogging. When I started mine, it was meant to be nothing more or less than a journal.

For me.

I didn't have to try and entertain or enlighten or be witty/erudite/naked. I didn't expect (nor did I particularly want) others to come read it.

So. Witty it wasn't.

But a few wretched souls showed up here anyway -- boredom-gluttons that they clearly are.

So, should one (well, if not one, at least me?) therefore try to actually, you know, entertain 'em? I mean, I know a couple of jokes; and I can sing and juggle a bit (although the latter skillages don't translate so very optimally to a blog).....

The question (for which I have no real answer) is this: how does the awareness of someone else's eyes change what you write? How does the possible reaction to a post infect and inflect the post itself?

What the hell is the sound of one testicle clapping?

Ponder ponder.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your blog and you should do exactly what you want with it.

Having said that, if I don't see any wit or nakedness here, you won't see me again.

Ok, I was joking! (Hey, I came back, didn't I...and I plan to come back often.)

I shall go off and link you right away, just to prove I mean it :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

A wretched soul here giving her input :-). I come here for the nudity. And there is something to be said about reading other peoples blogs and seeing looking into their lives. Your always entertaining and full of informaition and have a flair with words!

When I find a man with one testicle, I'll tell you what it sounds like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home