Recent Posts

Friday, July 08, 2005

Enamel

About a month ago, I broke a molar (yeah, yeah, I know -- drink more milk). It's sharp, and my tongue was getting just lacerated. I saw the dentist, who put some temporary crap in there before scheduling me for a crown.

When I asked how much the crown was, they told me $950, of which my (useless) dental insurance would pay about $400....which would leave me with over $500 to pay out of pocket. Yeesh. So I told him I needed to think about it (intending to get another price from another dentist).

And, of course, I then did nothing about it, until the temporary crap came out last weekend, and started re-slashing my tongue.

So. I'm seeing another dentist today (who would not quote me a price for the crown over the phone). I'm sure he'll put in some more temporary crap -- and if his price is too high, I'll shop elsewhere again....although this time I >will< shop (if I have to).

For the record -- I really hate dentists. Slow torture.

Last night I sat on the porch in the perfect evening, listening to the waterfall and reading "The Sign of the Book" (one of the Cliff Janeway bookman novels). Later, I took Michael, Mackenzie, and two of their friends to Harpo's. We all played trivia, and ate oily fatty unhealthy wonderful bar food. It was a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home