Recent Posts

Friday, September 16, 2005

Cool Tech

I installed a cool piece of software last night -- Roxio's Easy DVD Creator. I want to use it to build the Eagle Scout slide shows. Rather than building individual video tapes, I can build slide shows for each scout and put 'em all on one DVD. Quality promises to be better, and it'll be a lot less goofin' around just getting them onto a distributable medium.

Well, it turns out that this piece of software does everything I want -- animated menus, importing of slides, smooth transitions, audio backgrounds....it even has a (very good!) audio editor, which makes aligning the musical cues with the slides so much easier.

And then when I burned the DVD and dropped it into my DVD player, it worked perfectly right off the bat. Very mondo cool. I was/am almost giddy about it.

Remember, even though I work in I/S, I'm pretty much a luddite....but this is extremely cool to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home