Recent Posts

Monday, September 26, 2005

Family

Friday night, both(!) kids were gone (Mackenzie at a sleepover; Michael at a campout). Jan and I had dinner and saw a movie, with no clock ticking and no one to answer to.

Yeah, it was pretty nice.

Saturday, I finished (finally) digging the trench for the wiring of the outside lamp post. Back got pretty sore, although what would a 50-year-old spectacularly-out-of-shape guy expect. The light works, that task is now off my shoulders, and life is good.

Saturday night, Mackenzie and I went out on a date, something we do periodically. We had dinner, and then went on a 'road trip' (her idea). We ended up at Crocker Park, and just wandered around and did some shopping. Afterwards, we sat on the merry-go-round at Malley's and had ice cream for dessert.

Yesterday morning I sang with the choir for the 8:15 service, then ran (for the first time) the projector/powerpoint show for the 9:45 service. I was a little nervous about it, although it went smoothly, painlessly, quickly by. No biggun, as they say. Well, as somebody says, anyway.

Later, despite good intentions of doing lots of hard work on the deck, et al, I mostly sat around with Michael and watched football. Yeah, that was pretty nice, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home