Recent Posts

Monday, September 19, 2005

Sports R Good

As a sports fan -- rephrase: as a Cleveland sports fan -- weekends like the one just past are rarer than glitch-free software.

First, on Saturday, I got to go to The Ohio State University football game. This is the first major college game I've ever attended, and I was awestruck by the pageantry and passion. As much as I love the NFL and the Browns, I've never quite felt anything like this. As the best damn band in the land formed the script 'Ohio' before the game, you could feel the electricity pulsing through the stands...and as the tuba player dotted the 'I', I quite literally got goosebumps.

Driving home from the game, we got to listen to the Indians beat the Royals in a squeaker -- and Chicago lost, moving the Tribe to within 3 1/2 games of first.

Sunday, Mark gave Michael and me spectacularly good seats to the Indians game. We were maybe 3 seats to the left of home plate in the lower section, row 'T' -- so we were (maybe) 60 feet from Victor Martinez. Best seats (by far) I've ever had at the Jake. The Indians dominated/crushed the Royals, too -- making up for the bad games we endured earlier this year, and keeping us in the race for the division lead. The Yankees lost, so we gained a game on them for the wild card.

Finally, the Browns got their first victory of the year over the Packers.

I know, I know -- it's only sports. 3 billion chinese couldn't care less.

More's the pity for the 3 billion -- 'cause I had a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home