Recent Posts

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Why am I like this?

You know, I'm in another mode of having just way too many things to do, too many projects to which I'm committed ("being committed" being the operative phrase).

I don't know how this happens.

Well, yes I do, in fact. I'll agree to do something when I do, in fact, have the time to do it. Then I put it off until I no longer have any time (and 9 other things I must do).

I agreed to write church software back in the spring. I got a nice start on it, then let it simmer (and fester). Now, of course, it's overdue; I won't be able to do as good a job on it as I wanted; and I have a kabillion other responsibilities. So this software is a major stress to me right now, and it needn't have been.

I absolutely hate being a procrastinator, yet it's the most salient (and unappealing) feature of my psyche. Yuck.

I sometimes (often) wonder if, on some unconscious level, I procrastinate with the specific purpose of making myself feel stressed and unhappy. I sure don't like to think of myself that way, but I'm not too sure that it's not completely accurate.

Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home