Recent Posts

Thursday, November 17, 2005

On the busy front

Last night I imported all the pictures I needed for the Eagle COH, and built (very rudimentary) slideshows. Nice to be at that point already. I still need to arrange the pictures; and set up whatever effects I'll use (simple camera movement over still pics really adds life to the show); and to mix and apply the musical backgrounds.

For the music, we let the boys choose what music they want, then I cut and blend them for seamlessness and (most importantly) to fit the 6(ish) minute timeframe for the show. Most boys tend to give me 7 or 8 minutes of music, which means I have to do some cutting to make it work. I never just cut off the music cold at the end -- I try to arrange it so that it nicely accompanies the show....which usually takes me quite a bit of time to do it right. So finding the right 6 minutes out of 8 takes a bit of work, but I don't mind it.

One boy, though, seems to have juuuuust a slightly inflated view of the length of his slideshow. He provided me with 69 -- sixty-nine! -- minutes of music. Um, sorry bud, but as proud as I am of you, I'm probably not going to make a one-hour slideshow about your 16 years of life.

This is a huge task, though, and it's going pretty well right now. It's cool when it's cool.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Wow, an hour is way off from 6 minutes. Is he Indian?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home