Recent Posts

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sotto Voce

I've been doing a new set of vocal exercises (which take about 45 minutes). I've been doing 'em darn near every single day. In theory, they should help take away (some of) the pain of singing, and should extend my range back to (something somewhat near) my old range. It's too early to say for certain it's working (and singing still hurts -- sometimes a lot), but I think my range is opening.

I rehearsed for 90 minutes last night. When I was done, my voice felt like I'd been kissing Scratchy McRazortongue -- but I hit all the notes. The upper range was weak and Ally McBealish, but I hit 'em. That's a good thing.

Well, if you had had to actually listen to said notes, it might not have been a good thing for you. But the bigger picture, in Tedworld, is that I was better last night than I was two weeks ago.

And, in Tedworld, that is a good thing indeed.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Wow, this is progress, Ted! Glad to hear that your on your way to getting your range back! Amazing, as busy as you are that you squeeze in the time to practice everyday. Bravo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home