Recent Posts

Monday, August 07, 2006

Competitive

Last night we got together with my sister-in-law and her family. My brother-in-law's birthday is this week, so we usually get together on the weekend in-between his birthday and mine and celebrate both of 'em.

Was fun -- always is with Shirley and John and their family.

In the evening, we played some games -- another thing we often/usually do.

After the guys beat the girls consecutively, somehow they came up with the idea that it would be "more fair" if we played it again, but the teams would be Me; and Everybody Else (which was 8 of 'em). I told 'em that was stupid, and they'd obviously just whup my butt, but they insisted on playing that way.

Well, they did beat me, of course, but I kept it close for most of the game. The funny thing is that, even though there was no way I could win, I really wanted to....and it did bum me (a little) that I lost. Guys can't help bein' guys, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home