Recent Posts

Monday, August 07, 2006

Full

The weekend was pretty full....Friday night I (more or less) chilled, although I did spend a little more time preparing marketing materials for the theatre. I also treated myself to couch-sitting, watching one of my old favorite movies and noshing on (heavily) buttered popcorn. Not a perfect evening, I don't suppose, but pretty darned nice.

Saturday I had to rehearse in the morning for the play-reading performance I was doing Saturday night; I had to pick up Mackenzie at her friend's house; I had to pick up Michael who was returning from summer camp; and I had to perform (and, of course, prepare for the performance). Even for something as (relatively) simple as a play-reading, I get neurotically nervous, and just before the lights come up, I convince myself that I'll never do this again.

Once the lights come up, of course, it's a blast. The show went very well -- the audience was attentive, and picked up on all the comedy as well as the serious (and sometimes) shocking drama. Moreover, they picked up on most of the subtleties of character and melancholy and life-regret which was very much an unstated theme of the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home