Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Changing

And, to the point of needing a life change, the job search (assuming it doesn't end up a perpetual exercise in soul-scarring, self-esteem-shredding uselessness) will help.

And I've only just started exercising, and watching (better, anyway) what I eat. I know me, and having exercised for about 3 days here does not constitute a lasting change to a healty lifestyle. But it is, one day at a time, infinitely better than sitting on my ample ass.

I have so many things on my plate, though. It's utterly ridiculous. It's been the single most terrible thing in my entire life, yet I've always been like this. Now besides all the life stuff that I needs to do (like house and car repair, working for a living, so forth), I've got to get the marketing campaign(s) together for this season at the theatre. At least I've actually made a good dent in that.

And we need to re-design our web page for the theatre...and guess who's shoulders that falls upon? I've done some cool things with that already, though. I was able to embed a video trailer from our current production into the site (no big deal, that)....and I was also able to embed a google map into the site - fully functional, with zoom and satellite picture and animation and markers and the ability to move the map around....and I was able to create a "get directions" page into the site as well (where you enter your starting location, and it will dynamically create a route for you (with word directions and map) to the theatre. Not exactly ground-breaking coding, but cool nonetheless.

And since I"ve committed to writing the Christmas show we'll be doing (including writing and/or arranging all of the music), that's eating up a lot of my time and thoughts. I can see, now that it's going to be a part of my every single day from now through opening the show in December.

And I have 4 pieces of software that I either need or want to get completed -- they'll be found money, frankly, once I get 'em done.

And I've agreed to put together a web page for a friend of mine. Not a big huge hairy deal, but time-consuming also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home