Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting old, and losing my...what are we talkin' about?

Yesterday was my birthday.

I know I'm about to say something that every single person of age has said throughout the whole history of time...but how the hell did this happen? How did I end up here, like this, having accomplished so little?

More to the point, having accomplished quite literally nothing that I had planned. No novel, no great Broadway play, no song that has become a standard. Nothing that changed the world, and damn little that has changed anyone's life.

And who the hell is that in the mirror?

I wonder, too, how much (if at all) my appearance hurts my job applications. I mean, Computers and Information Technology is a young man's game. 40 is considered old in this industry....and I do not look 40.

So. It may be stupid; and it certainly is vain, but I've taken to (lightly) coloring my hair. The old Grecian Formula crap. Not going for kohl-black; but I just took the edge off the gray. Same with my cheesy goatee. I colored the edge off the gray.

It may be stupid, but at worst it will do no harm....and might help.

I really do need a life-change, though. I really really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home