Recent Posts

Sunday, October 23, 2005

God, how you mist me

Dawn didn't so much ignite as explode this morning. Sitting in the woods, bedecked in nerdy (yet oddly effective (to a turkey)) camouflage (and yes, I do look better as a bush), I watched the sun light the hillside. The trees are still mostly green, which stunningly sets off the ones that are already blazing with red and orange.

A mist,the ghost of yesterday's rain, hovered just over the trees, turning the sunlight into myriad and dancing beams, almost palpable. On a hillside, I was as dappled as the trees, and it was glorious (the dapplage, not so much me).

So. While I was ostensibly hunting turkey (and humming "kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!"), I encountered nary a feather nor a cluck...yet I had a great day.

A miserable day outdoors is still better'n this whole workin'-for-a-living thing.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Ted, sounds divine even if you didn't get a turkey or a wabbit.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Mara said...

I love watching the sunrise.. thank you for sharing yours.

::smooches::
Mara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home