Recent Posts

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Slag

I'm not sure, exactly, why I named this entry "Slag". It's a good word, though.

I'm betterer than I was earlier this week, although the bar wasn't set all that high. Speaking of the bar, I did have a soda (or 7) with my friends while we (sort of) watched Monday Night Football.

I'm still stressing over all the tasks I need to do, but Stress R Me. Er sump'n.

Last night I sang again, but I'm afraid my voice is not getting any better. In fact, it now hurts all the time.

It's bad enough that it hurts, but it's emotionally draining not to be able to sing well any more. There are darn few things in my life at which I am (or was) actually decently good (in my own estimation, anyway), and singing was one of them. Now that seems to be gone, and it doesn't seem to be limping back any time soon.

Judging by the post, the only thing left at which I'm objectively good is whining.

On the upside front, though, I'm taking a long weekend to do some turkey hunting (or, in my case, sitting alone in the woods). I love turkey hunting (sitting alone in the woods)....so that will (or should) parse me a little serenity.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Doesn't slag refer to slut or prostitute in the U.K.? I could be wrong. Anyway....I hope you are feeling okay! Is your voice affected because of medical reasons or are you out of practice and it's been a strain? It must be hard either way!.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Ted said...

I have external laryngeal ulcers and vocal nodules, which make it extremely painful to sing, and which reduce my range and make me sound thin (which is a good thing in bellies, but a bad thing in voices)....and being external to the larynx, they're almost impossible to treat.

Huh. Apparently, I'm still whining.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Oh no, Ted! That really sucks! Trust me, I don't think you are whining. I had to stop dancing because I got injured and then really sick and it was really upsetting to me.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

I'm still waiting for the lace undies pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home