Recent Posts

Monday, November 28, 2005

Deal THIS!

Friday morning, I got up at an unGodly hour, simply to save a few bucks at the mass human stampede known as Black Friday. Interesting that the day shares the name with the stock market crash of '29, and with the plague.

My daughter came with me, which was nice of her. Sidebar comment -- I really am the luckiest dad ever. My daughter -- at 14 years old -- still enjoys spending time with me. She got up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning early before sunrise yuk early just to stand in line with me at a couple of stores. Having her company was nice, considering how much patience it takes to stand in line for hours.

Was worth it, mind you. Many of the deals on that day aren't that good, but some of 'em are unbelievable. It did seem weird, though, to be home, after mega-power shopping at several stores, by 8:30 a.m. in the morning early just after sunrise early.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Wow! I commend you for getting up at that hour to fight crowds, shop and be done with the Christmas shopping! I lazily went online and overpaid. Anyway, sounds like you are a lucky guy and a great dad. You are blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home