Recent Posts

Monday, November 21, 2005

Hectic but Productive

Friday night, I spent a few hours gathering the materials I would need for the set painting/dressing on Saturday.

Saturday, I arrived at the theatre at 9:00 a.m., and began working on the set (which, of course, included coordinating the efforts of 9 or 10 other people (which can be at least as demanding as doing the physical work yourself (and, of course, I also did the physical work myself)). Set work continued until about 4:00.

I had a (semi) emergency rehearsal Saturday afternoon (for a performance I was doing Saturday evening (and three times on Sunday)); then I gave the performance.

Sunday, I gave the three performances; then attended a two-hour budget meeting (which got (semi) contentious). Sunday evening, I had a bell choir rehearsal, then spent 3 hours with the High Adventure Committee finalizing our selections.

Tired? You betcha.

But. But. The set looks gloriously cool; the performances went very well (and I even said one or two of the lines that had been written); and the High Adventure stuff is done.

And on Saturday night, I even tweaked 3 of the 6 videos I'm putting together -- they're not in bad shape considering I have two weeks to get 'em done. Same with the theatre program -- I need to keep working on these things, but at least I'm not in disaster mode. Things are falling into place.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Well, Ted, sounds like you are eeking yourself ahead of the game. Hopefully, you post a pic of the set *HINT*HINT* sounds amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home