Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bang

The hunting was great, though.

I'm not really much of a hunter (I'm a terrible shot), so generally speaking, my only hope is to make enough noise with my gun to cause a heart attack in the critter. That really hasn't worked yet, but one can live on hope, can't one? And frankly, the fresh air and walking in the woods is far more important to me than the actual hunt, anyway.

Ah, but on Friday.....early in the morning while rabbit hunting, the 40 mph winds were bitter, and I was pretty darn cold. We saw nothin' -- no self-respecting bunny was going to be hopping about in such conditions. Around noon, a few of my buddies and I decided to go pheasant hunting instead.

Now, pheasant hunting is hard -- much harder than rabbit hunting -- so I knew I didn't have a chance....but any excuse to be in the fresh air is worth it.

Well.

My Elmer Fudd certificate juuust might be gone. I got two -- 2! -- pheasants.

Doin' the bull dance; feelin' the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home