Recent Posts

Monday, December 05, 2005

Skin of Leather, Soul of Ice (I need 'em)

Well, I wrote my first review this weekend. It was a very tough gig.

For one thing, the show was a musical review (a form I (generally) don't care for). In addition, it was conceived and written by the director -- and I didn't much care for the script (or the direction).

I thought the performers were, for the most part, good-to-excellent. I just think the script and direction didn't do them many favors. Yet under the aegis of being kind to local amateurs, I didn't want to slam the script itself.

Nor did I want to lie.

So, I found (and played up) the many good points, and consciously downplayed the weaknesses (while still mentioning them).

Since I do work in community theatre myself, I'm now sitting here hoping I won't be making too too many enemies....

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Hmmmmm...can you go under an alias?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home