Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Collapsed

Well, it was probably inevitable.

I went down to the cabin last weekend -- did some hunting on Friday. Drove home Friday night, because I had to direct the Sunday School Christmas Pageant rehearsal (and play the lead role in it (sheesh, I'm a maroon)). Well, during the drive home, my minor headache escalated into a massive brain-melter...and when I got up Saturday morning, I thought I was dying.

I was dizzy, my hands were shaking, I ached all over, I had a difficult time focusing my eyes....I had caught a pretty nasty flu. But I had to do the rehearsal -- it all depended on me.

So I sucked it up, and drove myself hard on pure adrenaline. I think it went fine -- I don't suspect anyone there had any idea I was as sick as I was -- but I spent everything I had. When I got home a little after noon, I went right to bed....and didn't get up until 9:00 Sunday morning.

I really never sleep like that -- I doubt that I ever spent that much time in bed. Ever. But I couldn't move.

Sunday I slowly felt better, but even yesterday I was feeling it. Today, too, a little -- if I bend over, I feel dizzy and my wee noggin barks...but at least I'm at work and managing some semblance of productivity.

Sick sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home