Recent Posts

Friday, January 13, 2006

It's cool when it's cool

Wednesday was one of those rare and excellent days at work. We had a problem (wasn't too huge, but had the potential to be a disaster) with some of our online services. In the course of one day, I analyzed the problem designed the three separate solutions that needed to be implemented; coordinated the building of those solutions with Mike, and implemented 'em all.

Then I was able to get the data re-normalized, converted, and uploaded so that by Thursday, everything worked right (in fact, was much improved over how it worked previously).

Anyway. The point is not that I did so much work, but that the day went well. It's kind of cool when you have 'x' amount of stuff that you have to do, but when you can get it all accomplished in the required time. Felt productive and, I don't know, important....and every single step -- write a code piece, test it against a small sample, test it against a larger sample, implement -- worked first time.

It'd be nice if most days were like that, but they're just.....not.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Hehehehe...I hear you, I hear you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home