Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Evil Little Bugs

I spent about 3 hours last night, trying to rid my daughter's computer of a nasty bit of spyware/virus. This is the second time I've had to do it to her machine. It's really pretty sickening.

The worst part is that it's not cleaned yet...there's some nasty piece of dung called "pop64" burrowed into the registry. It is a malicious piece of spyware, and it propogates itself into lots of other iterations....in seconds, it puts literally dozens (or hundreds) of other spyware routines on your machine....I haven't quite got it figured out yet, but I think -- I think! -- I'll get it tonight.

It's really infuriating, though -- to have to spend hours and hours and hours fixing a machine because someone just happens to go a web site is sickening. Trust me, I could (and undoubtedly would) inflict major damage on these guys if I were face-to-face with them. It's just evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home