Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Employment

I think I've mentioned (although maybe not) that I'm concerned about losing my job. I really hate the job, so in a way it might be a blessing in disguise, but in the real, pragmatic world, I'm a bit old for this industry. In the computernerd world, I'm ancient, and would/will find a difficult time getting another job should I lose this one.

So.

I laid awake much of Monday night (although I lay awake most nights), worrying that I might lose the job yesterday. I thought they would probably not let me go just before Christmas, but might indeed let me go once the holidays were over....so I worried (a bit) that yesterday might be doomsday....

....and when I got to work, my electronic key fob (that opens the door) did not work. The door beeped, as if it were registering the fob, but it didn't unlock. Yeesh. I thought they had disabled my fob in anticipation of letting me go. Someone else showed up just then and let me in, but my stomach roiled.

Well, I didn't get fired, and the fob worked later. So that's, probably, good news.

I had arrived at work about an hour early (couldn't sleep anyway, doncha know). What I suspect is that they had changed my profile so that I couldn't enter the building during off hours.....I used to work a ton of hours, and many of them late at night or early in the morning. If they changed my access, that's yet more evidence that I'm becoming less and less of a cog, and more and more of a clog. I hate it. It's tearing my poor stomach up.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm so glad you had a lovely Christmas. You guys should really have a Boxing Day to make the break a bit longer.

As for the job...I really do hope you're just jumping to conclusions, but remember that sometimes, these things can turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I've got my fingers crossed for you though. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home